Ever think about doing a juice cleanse? But not sure if you could do it? First of all, you CAN do it. We promise! There are a few tips that will get you going in the right direction.
To start, it’s helpful to understand what a juice cleanse can do for your body. Going on a juice cleanse gives the organs in your body a much needed rest. Evertyhing from your stomach to your liver, will have a break from digesting the food you typically ocnsumer on a daily basis. Of course juicing helps reduce your apetite (and ultimately lose weight) but a lot of our customers also cleanse to boost energy, improve their skin, and flood their bodies with super nutrients (more than that could normally consume in a daily sitting).
If you are unsure about trying a juice cleanse, keep in mind the following:
- You can do a 1 or 2 day cleanse if you are unsure about doing a full 3-day cleanse.
- You can always “cleanse until dinner” meaning that instead of replacing all of your food, you can have 4 juices a day and then eat your regular dinner.
- Preparing your body will yield maximum results. Just like you wouldn’t rush right to the gym for extreme cardio if you haven’t worked out in months, you also don’t want to jump into an extreme diet if you haven’t been watching what you eat for months.
Speaking of watching what you eat, here are some helpful tips to have the very best experience with your juice cleanse.
- Reduce the amount of processed foods you eat in the days leading up to the cleanse. Because part of the benefit of doing a cleanse is to rid your body of harmful toxins that are found in processed foods, it’s helpful to start cutting back on these before you cleanse. Believe me, your body will thank you!
- Hydrate - During your cleanse, drink at least ½ your body weight in water each day (if you weigh 150 lbs, you’ll need to drink 75 oz of water each day)
- Eat raw food snacks if you need to - If you need food during your cleanse, stick to raw vegetables (celery, carrots, etc.) or a handful of almonds
- Calm your mind - It’s a big job for your body to cleanse - give yourself a break. Take a nap, go for a walk, do yoga, walk in a garden, read a book, get a massage, drink herbal tea
- Everyone experiences their cleanse differently. It’s not uncommon to have a headache, moodiness, and lightheadedness. Remember, your body is detoxifying itself - this isn’t something you do everyday.
Lastly, congratulate yourself! What a huge achievement and a special way to honor yourself. You’ve just become a healthier, stronger, and more vibrant version of you!